If you live in the Midlothian, VA, area and is struggling with dental problems, then we are happy to help you! One common dental problem is caused by dental erosion.
Dental erosion is a dangerous oral health disorder that is commonly caused by harmful acids that eat through your tooth enamel. When acids begin to collect in your mouth, they can erode your tooth enamel and leave the root of the tooth and pulp exposed to further damage and infection. Protect your tooth enamel by eradicating the effect of harmful acids in your mouth.
For more information about dental erosion, consider the following:
- Even with foods that don’t have low pH levels, always rinse your mouth out with water after eating to wash away food particles and plaque buildup.
- If you eat any acidic foods, never consume them as alone as snacks. If you eat acidic foods during large meals, the acids in the foods have a better chance of being nullified and neutralized by saliva.
- If you use a toothpaste after mealtimes, it’s likely to cause more harm than good. The reason is because the substances in toothpaste are typically abrasive, and acids in your food can make your teeth extra sensitive.
- Saliva has been proven to successfully neutralize acids. A wonderful saliva-producer to minimize the effects of harmful acids in your mouth is by chewing sugarless gum after meals.
- If you can, remove all acidic foods possible from your diet, including foods, snacks, drinks, and treats.
If you would like to schedule an appointment with Morrison Dental Group to see if you are a candidate for dental erosion treatments, please call our team at our dental office in Midlothian, VA, at 804-639-7500. We look forward to upgrading your smile!